October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Carving


Daddy scored a free pumpkin at Publix the other day. It was priced wrong and it's their policy to give it to you for free. We've had this pumpkin carving kit since after last Halloween so the boys got set up outside to carve the pumpkin. The kit worked amazingly well and I think we have the best looking pumpkin we've ever had.

Cleaning out the seeds. Hunter wanted no part of touching that stuff.
Drawing the face from the stencil
Here's the face they chose. Now it's time to carve it.
All done and all lit up! Pretty cool!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heath you are being the "father" I always hoped you would be. I'm so proud of you and Hunter will have a lifetime of memories of him and his DAD. It doesn't get any better than that. Mom

Kristin said...

Wow! It looks great. Of course, I am not surprised. :-) Your mom is right, Heath. Hunter will not forget this! One of my favorite pictures of me growing up is on the front step of our house with a pumpkin we carved. I was Hunter's age or maybe a year older.