March 26, 2007

Road Trip and Hunter's 6 Month Check-up

I decided to brave driving to Jacksonville (2.5 hours) by myself with Hunter last week. Heath was headed to Tampa for a boys weekend so I figured we'd go see Grandma and Grandpa. We left at 9am and Hunter promptly fell asleep for about 45 mintues. Then he played for the next hour and a half. We didn't stop at all. For those that don't know, Hunter hated the car for the first 4 months of his life. He would just scream and scream and never fall asleep. Things are so much better now and I'm so thankful we can go places without all the drama!

We had a great weekend there. We spent Friday with mom's best friend and her grandaughter and great grandson. Here they are with their boys. This about as good as it gets with boys as busy as they are.
Today we went to the doctor for Hunter's 6-month check-up. He's 15 lbs 10oz and 25 1/4 inches long. He's in the 25th percentile for both height and weight. He's doing everything he should be and meeting all the milestones. We can't ask for much more. He got a couple of shots today. I think the shots get harder for me and Heath as he gets older. His newest thing is sqealing. He's definitely found his voice and squeals constantly. I think it might be time for the nursery at church.

No comments: