February 7, 2010

The result of spending so much time in the house lately....

For the last 2 weeks we've been battling sickness in my house. First it was pink eye for both kids. Next I got a cold that has lasted for over a week now. Next Hunter had an ear infection, fever, and wheezing issues. He's still pretty sick and we'll probably be back at the doctor in the morning. So, because of all that we've pretty much been couped up in the house for way too many days. As a result I've been able to browse some crafty blogs and find some cute things to make! I don't know why I didn't know about these crafty blogs before. There are so many easy online tutorials out there. I've been having lots of fun!

First I saw this tutorial for yo-yo's. You can put them on anything and I thought they'd be cute on these headbands I have for Peyton. I do love the big obnoxious flower on the headband, but I love these cute little things, too. And all it takes is a little scrap of material. I have LOTS of that!


Then I saw an idea for this tag toy. (And now I don't know where I saw it so I can link it.) Peyton loves to chew on things and I like the idea of this being a toy and not a blanket. Inside you put something that makes noise so that it crinkles. I put two layers of cellophane inside.

2 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Slow Down Martha!! :) SO cute.

Kristin said...

I hate to hear about everyone being sick. Hopefully you all will be on the mend soon!