August 30, 2011

Back to reality after a great week at the beach...

We're a beach family for sure.  I love the beach because it can entertain the kids for hours at a time day after day.  We always have activities to do like bocce ball, flying kites, playing frisbee, catching fish and crabs, collecting shells, building sand castles, digging giant holes, and endless hours of boogie boarding.
We had a great week.  We had a constant flow of visitors.  The kids always had playmates whether it was other kids, cousins, or grandparents.

**Excuse the crappy, pixilated pictures here and there.  I took a few pictures with the photo option on the video camera.  I had no idea they would be so terrible.  Won't be using that ever again.**
kite

Hunter has become quite the boogie boarder this year.  It's by far his favorite beach activity.  He's gotten to the point where he can catch his own waves.
IMG_1332

My nephew and his girlfriend came over one day.  They brought their surf boards and I decided to give surfing a try.  Unfortunately, there is no photo or video evidence (I can't do everything!), but I got up on my second try!  It was fun!
SAM_0032


last day of vacation ;(




IMG_1324

She wasn't about to get to close :)
IMG_1325

Lots of fish!
SAM_0052

IMG_1345

Hurricane Irene blowing by the coast.  We're so glad she stayed far enough away.
IMG_1468
Peyton had some cake her birthday.
IMG_1530

Pretty sure she liked it.
IMG_1534

We practiced some cheerleading stunts in the pool.
SAM_0094

SAM_0092


1 comment:

Denise said...

Fun! (And your pictures are never crappy Dena!)