October 24, 2012

Rockclimbing - A First

I'm kind of surprised that I've never rock climbed before.  Sarah, Jason, and I decided we would try it out.  Heath took pictures. Notice here that Sarah is climbing in the shade... important tid bit there.

RockWall-4

That's me...not in the shade.
RockWall-10

Sarah and me
RockWall-16

  And Jason.....also not in the shade.
RockWall-21

So, those rocks you grab onto were SO hot.  I almost let go, but the guy wouldn't let me.  He told me to climb faster... jerk!  This is what my hand looked like afterward.  I should have taken a picture of Jason's because he had 3 blisters immediately form on his pinky finger right after.  Aside from that, it was fun.  I used way too much upper body... should have used more legs.  I was pretty sore the next couple of days.
Cruise-11

RockWall-24