May 18, 2011

Shell Island Boat Day

Like I said, we spent last week in Panama City, more specifically Carillon Beach, Florida.
We made a vacation out of our reason for being there - a wedding.
Next time I want to see blue water and white, sandy beaches I'll be going there.
Who needs the Bahamas when you can stay in Florida?!
I'm a little disappointed with our beaches after this trip.

Our first full day there was Boat Day.  We've been looking forward to this day since we planned it.
The groom secured a pontoon boat and a jet ski for the day and our destination was a short ride over to Shell Island.  I've heard a lot about this place, but I've never been.  It didn't disappoint.

Captain Chad drove us out.
IMG_7039Edit

The lovely bride-to-be.  Wait until you see her in her wedding dress!
IMG_7051Edit

And we anchored the boat here.  How pretty is this place!?
IMG_7072Edit

We were armed with a batch of Powell Punch.  A crowd favorite.
And since so many have asked for the recipe, here you go!


1 Handle of Bacardi Light
1 750ml bottle of Parrot Bay
1 Can of Pineapple Juice (Mango Pineapple if you can find it)
1 Gallon of OJ
2 V8 Splash (Tropical Blend)
Mix it all in a cooler or something big and pour it back into the containers.
Garnish each glass with nutmeg and a pineapple stick if you wish.

IMG_7064Edit

Pretty sure this was my first time on a jet ski.  They go fast, people.
IMG_7089Edit

Some beer pong in open water....awesome.
IMG_7083Edit

We did a lot of just hanging out, enjoying each other.
IMG_7092Edit

Ready for the big day!  So glad we got to spend this day with you two.
IMG_7073Edit

It seems like there's always someone in the group that's pregnant.  This time it was Sarah, on the left.  Kristin, you're next! :o)
IMG_7075Edit

There was a sign that said to keep off this dock, but we didn't listen.
IMG_7096Edit

Swan dive!
IMG_7098Edit

C+K
5-14-11
IMG_7066Edit

So, that was Day 1 of our trip.
More pictures to come.


2 comments:

mrossi0513 said...

It looks like so much fun! And no one in that photo looks pregnant.

Kristin said...

I have lots to say about this post:

1. You're kind. I'm not looking so lovely.

2. Powell Punch is sneaky.

3. Can't believe you've never been on a waverunner. Glad you have such an adorable picture to document your first ride.

4. The beer pong float... :-( I'm going to be looking for a deal on another one.

5. I have a picture of me and Chad so similar to this one taken at Shell Island when we first started dating four years ago. I want to find it now and do a side-by-side collage.

6. By the looks of this picture, maybe I am preggers.

7. Maybe the Bama Breeze pier owners won't catch us. ;-)

8. It really was a great day. I'm so glad we're friends. :-)

- Me