July 28, 2008

Pictures and Parenting

While in Jax we visited our favorite Aunt and Uncle. Hunter got to play the Elmo game on the computer with Uncle Ronnie. Not sure who loved it more!


Hunter found this hat in the basket of toys there and wore it for quite some time. He found this ping pong paddle and a ball and tried for a long time to hit the ball with the paddle.


Lots of teeth! Only missing the top 2 eye teeth now.

  • For those following the not-wanting-to-sleep-in-his-bed saga, I believe it's over. After 3 days of fighting his nap, he's pretty much back to normal and goes to bed willingly and without fussing. Not sure what it was all about, but it was short lived and I'm thankful for that.
  • Up until now we haven't following any sort of specific parenting style. We've just done what we think is best as far as discipline. Lately, it's been evident that we need some help and guidance. With Hunter very close to two and talking more everyday, now is the time to mold him into the little person we want him to become. Thanks to my sister-in-law, she gave me this great Christian based book that is full of child training information. (This book is a pro-spanking book so if that's not for you then this book probably isn't either.) I read it in a day and started implementing a lot of it today. There is already a noticeable difference in Hunter. The key is consistency so I've got to (Heath, too) keep it up. I'll report back on how we're doing as time goes on.

1 comment:

Yellow Beads said...

thanks for telling me about the book yesterday; i plan to order a copy!