June 20, 2009

Homemade Mobile

I spent too much money on a silly mobile for Hunter's room so this time I decided to try to make my own.  I'll attempt to explain how I accomplished it, but this was a make-it-up-as-you-go kind of project.  I mentioned it to Heath and he had an idea to get me started.    Heath said to get one of those wooden embroidery hoops and hang things from that.  It was perfect.  I got the hoop (less than $2) and some ribbon to cover it up.  I found some already painted wooden designs that matched the nursery perfectly to hang from the hoop ($1 each).  I got the hoop covered in ribbon and the flowers hung on the hoop.  Figuring out how to hang it was the next step.  Insert Heath.  I attached 6 pieces of ribbon with a glue gun to a center knob that Heath rigged up.  I covered the knob with ribbon.  Heath drilled a hole in the top and we'll string fishing wire through it to hang it from the ceiling above the crib.  The whole thing cost me about $12 in supplies.

Here is most of what I used.  The hoop is already covered in ribbon in this picture.  A glue gun is needed, too.
All done except for the fishing wire.

1 comment:

Megan said...

This is super cute! You are just so creative! It is to die for! :) Love it!!!!