January 18, 2011

Repurposing

I read lots of sewing/crafty blogs.  They're always taking some piece of clothing and making it something else.  And of course it's always really cute.

I knew I somehow wanted to extend the life of this jumper.  It's from GAP's {red} line.  It was a gift when Hunter was little.  He wore it and Peyton's worn it, too.

Going to attempt to turn this into a dress

I came across this tutorial for a ruffled dress and decided this was how I could extend the life of this outfit.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  I'm not really sure I want to do it again anytime soon, ha!  I need some tips on sewing with knit fabric.
from jumper to dress

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a great idea! Love it - it looks gorgeous!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

SO CUTE! Great job!

Nicole said...

Adorable! I was hoping it was in adult size so I could buy it off you ;)

kaylee@life chasers said...

DARLING! Confession: I have a ruffle obsession myself

kaylee@life chasers said...

DARLING! Confession: I have a ruffle obsession myself