April 15, 2011

Silhouettes

I've always wanted to know how to take a silhouette picture.  I came across this easy tutorial a couple months ago and bookmarked it for when I'd have the opportunity to try it out.
Being at the beach last weekend was the perfect time to try it out!
I learned something really funny though.  I see all these awesome beach silhouettes and the sun is in the background setting over the ocean making the sky look amazing.  Um yeah, the sun doesn't set over the ocean on the east coast of Florida!  Bummer!  So, these aren't the best because the background is obstructed.  BUT I did figure out how to make it happen and it can be done anywhere, not just at the beach.  So yay for learning something new!

IMG_6361Edit

IMG_6360Edit

IMG_6362Edit

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love this!!! I'm your newest follower and I'd love it if you came and followed me back! My husband and I just announced our adoption journey. :)

Thanks!
Lindsey
almcrock.blogspot.com