November 30, 2010

A Thrift Store Find

I've been hitting some thrift stores lately.  I see so many things on blogs about turning some ugly old second hand item into something cute so I like to just browse and see if I can find something that has potential.  I went into a thrift store I've never been to last week.  It was huge, packed with stuff, and really busy.  I had both kids with me.  I was really going in there to buy some candlesticks that I could use for making cake plates so I really didn't plan to browse.  But I saw some cowboy boots up on a shelf and had to go over and check them out.  They were my size and $9!  It was evident someone had gotten their use out of them, but I just didn't care.  I little wear and tear didn't sway me.  I saw they were 'Frye' boots and was pretty sure that was a good name brand.  Either way, I was buying them.  I didn't have enough cash on me to get my candlesticks, but thank goodness I had enough for the boots!  I went home and did some googling to find out these are $200-$300 boots!  I'm sure they are several seasons old so I can't find the exact pair online.  These look comparable though.  I think I'll be taking them to a shoe shop for some leather conditioning.  I bet they'll look brand new with a little love.

Thrift Store find for $9

IMG_2622

Frye Boots



2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Wow - what an awesome find!! Yay!!

The Bonjour Four said...

They look like they are in great shape still! Great find!